Ancient Iroquois Burial Mound Located North of Fort Wayne, Indiana
This single mound located on the IPFW campus was originally built on a projecting upland formed at the confluence of Breckenridge creek and the St. Joseph River. A dam has flooded this area, leaving this mound partially submerged for most of the year. Photo is from, "The Nephilim Chronicles: A Travel Guide to the Ancient Ruins in the Ohio Valley.
The History of Allen County, Indiana, 1888:
“Prehistoric Remains” by R. S. Robertson
Still further down the river, on the east side, at the mouth of Breckenridge Creek, is a single mound, which has not been opened except a slight excavation in its side, which developed the customary lumps of charcoal. This point is about four miles north of Ft. Wayne, and is the most southerly point in the county at which mounds and earthworks are known to exist.