Nephiim Temples and Giants in Delaware County, Indiana


Giant Human Nephilim and Henge sites in Delaware County, Indiana

Two henge sites were described in Delaware County, Indiana. These are recognized as a circular earthwork with outer wall and interior ditch.  The above map shows the location of the henge in Perry Township. This site was investigated, but there is no trace of the henge that is currently being plowed.  The sandy nature of the soil at this location would have lent itself to quickly obliterating all traces of the earthworks in  a few years of cultivation.
   One the best clues that Delaware County,  Indiana was the haunt of the Nephilim are the numerous giant human skeletons that were unearthed in the county.

Indiana Geological Report 1881
In section 2 Perry Township was an enclosure, now obliterated, this was situated upon the summit of a natural hill and commanded a good view of the surrounding country; the enclosure was 130 feet in diameter, circular, with a ditch inside which, when discovered was about ten inches deep. In the center was a small mound from which a passage way led in a south-westerly direction through the enclosure, numerous implements were picked up here when first discovered. The Indians used many of the hills as burial places; bones have been discovered which from their size would indicate that they belonged to a race of giants.

History of Delaware County, 1881
In their county, these works are less numerous than in counties less removed from the principle settlement in the Miami Valley. Indeed, there are but one or two examples entitled to consideration. In the vicinity of Yorktown in Mount Pleasant Township, is one of those enclosures which, from observations made, has been pronounced to be of the class known as fortifications, having been constructed for the purpose of defense. Some account of their ancient earthwork, its location and dimensions; will be found in the department of township histories. Its situation would seem to indicate that it may have been very appropriately utilized in that way, and descriptively would seem to be well adapted to that use.

Aerial view of the henge near Yorktown Indiana.  Ball State archaeologists came to the site soon after its discovery and accessed the property without the owner's permission. I talked to the owner who couldn't believe the audacity of the Ball State archaeologists who parked in their driveway and never asked permission to walk on their land. The owner eventually banned them from ever returning, threatening them with trespassing. The owner of the property agreed that having the university destroy parts of the earthwork would not be in the States best interest and vowed to keep them from destroying any of this National treasure.

This henge type earthwork is located at the Cedar Banks work in Chillicothe, Ohio.  This is identical in construction to the work near Yorktown.

A former landowner ran tile to the earthwork site that now periodically floods the inner ditch of the henge. Emerging from the interior platform is the semi circular earthwork that can be seen in this photo.  

About one mile and half south of Muncie, in Center Township, is another class of these earthworks - a mound of considerable proportions which is said to have been dug into by some parties in search of relics. The excavation, however, developed the fact that it contained, instead of relics, human bones. “One of these skeletons was of gigantic proportions. The jaw and thighbones were in a good state of preservation, and nearly complete. The jaw bone was so large that it could be easily slipped over the jaw of the largest man of the party - a tall, big boned six footer, and the thigh bone of the skeleton was three inches longer than his”. The discovery of these numerous bones fixed the class under which their specimen should be arranged - the sepulchral - and would also warrant the presumption that these were specimens of some of the other classes not far distant, though investigation has not developed the fact.

In other portions of the county, there are traces of former existence of mounds and enclosures, the identity of which cannot now be well established, owing to the obliterating effects which time has wrought.

 On the mound near the southeast corner of the Lenox tract, several large mulberry trees were growing when the locality first became settled by white men, and for many years it was known as “Mulberry Hill”.

The uniform character of these mounds, and their close resemblance to what are recognized as ancient earthworks, perhaps entitle them to a place in that category, although they have hitherto - escaped the attention of our archaeologist.

The fact that there are gravel beds, more or less extensive, in each, has led to the opening of one of them, the central mound on the Lenox farm for the repairing of the roads. During the progress of these excavations, human bones have, from time to time, been exhumed. Several years ago, a skeleton of gigantic proportions was unearthed, and bones have been found in several different parts of the mound. No charcoal - usually a part of the contents at these ancient earthworks 



Indiana Geological Report 1881
“The Indians used many of the hills as burial places; bones have been discovered, which from their size would indicate that they belonged to a race of giants.